[Avodah] Rabbi Samson Raphael Hirsch on the parsha:

Michael Poppers michaelpoppers at gmail.com
Fri Nov 24 08:44:55 PST 2023

In Avodah V41n83, RAM pursued his line of questioning:
> Yes, that is what he says there, but I don't see that he brought any
evidence for it. With Rav Hirsch's masterful knowledge of chinuch, I can
understand how it was obvious to him that Esav's rebellion was a result of
his parent's shoehorning him into the same mold as Yaakov. But it isn't
obvious to me, and I'm asking for examples - either in the Torah or
midrashim or whatever - which demonstrate this faulty chinuch. <
RSRH was quoting CHaZaL, and RDrYL already pointed us to
https://web.stevens.edu/golem/llevine/rsrh/lessons_jacob_esau_col_vii.pdf,
which quotes CHaZaL on its 1st page.

Shabbas Shalom/A gut'n Shabbes!
and all the best from