[Avodah] Rabbi Samson Raphael Hirsch on the parsha:

Akiva Miller akivagmiller at gmail.com
Tue Nov 21 04:57:35 PST 2023

.
R' Marty Bluke wrote:

<<< Rav Hirsch wrote this in his commentary on Chumash at the beginning of
Parshas Toldos. You can see it online (in hebrew) here. Look for Rav
Hirsch.
https://mg.alhatorah.org/Full/Bereshit/25.27#e0n6 >>>

Yes, that is what he says there, but I don't see that he brought any
evidence for it. With Rav Hirsch's masterful knowledge of chinuch, I can
understand how it was obvious to him that Esav's rebellion was a result of
his parent's shoehorning him into the same mold as Yaakov. But it isn't
obvious to me, and I'm asking for examples - either in the Torah or
midrashim or whatever - which demonstrate this faulty chinuch.

Akiva Miller