[Avodah] Fasting Priority

Akiva Miller akivagmiller at gmail.com
Sun Oct 29 18:20:36 PDT 2023

.
R' Jol Rich asked:

> There's a halacha I’ve heard stated many times that it's better
> to stay in bed all day on yom kippur in order to be able to
> complete the fast rather than to go to shul (tfila btzibur et al)
> and have to have even a small break (ie shiurim). How would you
> analyze a similar question on tzom gedalya?

I'd love to help out, but I honestly don't understand your question.
Exactly what is it that you want us to "analyze"?
Haven't plenty of rishonim and acharonim already explained what to do if
one is weak or ill on the other fast days?
What are you hoping to hear from us that you can't get from the many
existing published works?

Akiva Miller