[Avodah] What really happened just before leaving Egypt?

Zev Sero zev at sero.name
Mon Apr 17 18:27:02 PDT 2023

Even stronger question.  We left Egypt at high noon.  Had everyone
really been up all night, sitting at the ready since midnight, and davka
at 11:50 AM they suddenly decided to start baking?!   What did they do
for 12 hours?  And when Moshe told Par'oh shortly after midnight that
we'll leave when we're good and ready, not when you tell us to, did he
not know when that would be?  Couldn't he have passed the word that
people could relax, get some sleep, go to the toilet, but be ready to
leave at the stroke of noon?

--
Zev Sero            “Were we directed from Washington when to sow
zev at sero.name       and when to reap, we should soon want bread.”