[Avodah] consistency in poseik?

Zev Sero zev at sero.name
Wed Nov 23 14:45:11 PST 2022

On 23/11/22 13:12, Joel Rich via Avodah wrote:
> The poseik who he was asking whether he could fly back on the second day
> of yom tov would have told him, if asked, that he should observe the
> second day yom tov in Israel.  He has decided to follow a different
> poseik and not observe the second day in Israel and is now asking the
> first poseik, given that he has decided to only observe one day, can he
> land in Ch"ul by flying from Israel on that day.

That doesn't make much sense to me.  If you're following a rov who
paskened to keep one day, then you should ask any followup shailas to
that rov!  Or at least to one who not only agrees with him on this topic
but who is his talmid / follower in general, and so can try to answer as
he would have.

--
Zev Sero            “Were we directed from Washington when to sow
zev at sero.name       and when to reap, we should soon want bread.”