[Avodah] HaGaon HaRav Mutzafi: ?No Apple In Honey On Rosh Hashanah?

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Sun Sep 25 08:37:31 PDT 2022

On Thu, Sep 22, 2022 at 12:41:59PM +0000, Prof. L. Levine via Avodah wrote:
> From
> https://www.theyeshivaworld.com/news/headlines-breaking-stories/2125561

> HaGaon HaRav Ben Tzion Mutzafi, a leading Sephardi posek...
>... Until today, we, the bnei eidos hamizrach, are not noheig to eat
> honey on Rosh Hashanah, but to cook some kinds of fruits and vegetables
> in sugar and eat them."

The Rosh (OC 583) says it's an Ashkenazi minhag.

And sheep heads? Described as a minhag of Prevance. I wonder if it is
equally modern that others eat it.

That says... Whatever makes your RH more meaningful... It's not like anyone
has a minhag AGAINST eating apple in honey or sheep heads.

Micha Berger                 Take time,
http://www.aishdas.org/asp   be exact,
Author: Widen Your Tent      unclutter the mind.
- https://amzn.to/2JRxnDF          - Rabbi Simcha Zissel Ziv, Alter of Kelm