[Avodah] tainted money

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Wed Sep 21 12:14:30 PDT 2022

On Tue, Aug 16, 2022 at 05:02:07PM -0400, Joel Rich via Avodah wrote:
> I wonder in the case of a next generation inheriting a non-kosher
> steakhouse, if the parent's income is only from that steakhouse and they
> are giving money to the next generation now, is the next generation allowed
> to take those funds given that they know that it's coming from sale of
> forbidden items?

I would think the two possibilities are different:

Either they could use the money, or they don't inherit the steakhouse.

Issurei hana'ah are valueless and yerushah doesn't apply. Like if someone
dies on Pesach, their chameitz does not become their children's problem.
Noda beYehudah (MK OC 20)

Micha Berger                 The trick is learning to be passionate in one's
http://www.aishdas.org/asp   ideals, but compassionate to one's peers.
Author: Widen Your Tent
- https://amzn.to/2JRxnDF