[Avodah] milchama

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Wed Sep 21 12:02:45 PDT 2022

On Tue, Aug 02, 2022 at 05:52:59PM -0400, Joel Rich via Avodah wrote:
> The Rambam (Malachim 5:2) codifies the Mishna (Sanhedrin 20b) "umotzi
> lmilchemet hareshut al pi bet din shel shivim vechad" When studying this, I
> wondered what criteria bet din would use to approve the war...

I don't know. I'm going to go off on a tangent instead:

I just think it's interesting that halkhah sets up a multibranch
government -- Melekh, Sanhedrin, kehunah (maybe the Navi is his own
branch, maybe it is part of the Melukhah) and launching a war requires
the support of all of them.

Micha Berger                 I thank God for my handicaps, for, through them,
http://www.aishdas.org/asp   I have found myself, my work, and my God.
Author: Widen Your Tent                   - Helen Keller
- https://amzn.to/2JRxnDF