[Avodah] It wasn't Matzah???

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Wed Jun 15 10:35:48 PDT 2022

When I was learning AhS Yomi (tomorrow's first se'if), this really
befuddled me.

OC 261:5 says that dough baked in the sun isn't called lechem, can't
be lechem oni, and thus not Matzah. Doesn't this rule out the batzeiq
that baked on the backs of our ancestors when rushing out of Egypt? Even
though this is one of the things Matzah commemorates?!

Micha Berger                 The fittingness of your matzos [for the seder]
http://www.aishdas.org/asp   isn't complete with being careful in the laws
Author: Widen Your Tent      of Passover. One must also be very careful in
- https://amzn.to/2JRxnDF    the laws of business.    - Rav Yisrael Salanter