[Avodah] Tefilas Haderech from Lakewood to Monsey

Joseph Kaplan jkaplan at tenzerlunin.com
Tue Jul 27 15:53:01 PDT 2021

RAM writes re tefillat haderech: “ Perhaps all we need is a one-parsah stretch of road where one cannot *see*
any residences from the road. Perhaps a trip qualifies for Tefilas Hederech
even if there are homes close to the road, but I cannot see them because of
the densely-packed trees and/or a fence which is along the side of the road?”

Or perhaps, when tefillat haderech was written, no one could contemplate or imagine a built up urban area like the one existing between Lakewood and Monsey.
Joseph

Sent from my iPhone