[Avodah] OU Mini Seedless Cucumbers

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Mon Aug 30 12:12:40 PDT 2021

On Sun, Aug 29, 2021 at 05:59:36PM +1000, Isaac Balbin via Avodah wrote:
> Agencies, and this certainly includes the OU and dare I say most of the
> major ones do not allow for Bitul Lechatchila of an Issur...

See my post with R Klapper's milk story. The presence of the hekhsher
ruins relying on the fact that the non-Jew wasn't being mevatel the
ingredient for Jews.

The question would be: Do they prohibit using ingredients that would
only be kosher by relying on bitul?

Micha Berger                 I long to accomplish a great and noble task,
http://www.aishdas.org/asp   but it is my chief duty to accomplish small
Author: Widen Your Tent      tasks as if they were great and noble.
- https://amzn.to/2JRxnDF                            - Helen Keller