[Avodah] The chiyuv hishtadlus of parents for children

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Sun May 16 12:10:21 PDT 2021

On Fri, May 14, 2021 at 04:45:05PM -0400, Akiva Miller via Avodah wrote:
> Could it be that according to Rav Zilberstein...

None of your answers really address the question. Regardles of hishtadlus,
since when do we say you're allowed to ignore safeiq piquach nefesh in
order to aid the next day's learning -- or for any other mitzvah? Making
this a she'eilah of whether histadlus is required is itself something
very hard to understand.

We have three mitzvos that are yeihareig ve'al ya'avos -- and learning
isn't one of them -- but we have NO mitzvos that allow risk to someone
else's life.

(Said mitzvah would be the father's obligation of veshinantam, since
the boy isn't a bar chiyuvah. But that seems tangential.)