[Avodah] Having Mishaloach Manos Delivered via Amazon

Prof. Levine larry62341 at optonline.net
Wed Feb 24 10:00:02 PST 2021

At 12:18 PM 2/24/2021, avodah-request at lists.aishdas.org wrote:
>An interesting variant of that scenario would be where I already mixed the
>salad and croutons together and *then* gave it to him. Is this a single
>food with which I am NOT yotzay (though I could be if I also gave a second,
>*different* salad)? Or perhaps, maybe the one salad is still considered to
>be several foods, such that I *can* be yotzay with it? [[ The AhS MIGHT
>have written: "One has to send two types of food ... and a mixture of two
>types doesn't hurt. Just because he mixed them, it is considered as one?? ]]

The salad that we buy which is sold by someone in Lakewood and is
made by Postiv,  has the croutons in a separate plastic bag,  and
hence the salad and the croutons are not mixed tether,  but are
separate.  This to me qualifies as two different foods..

>One thing RMB certainly agree on is: CYLOR!

I do not agree with this.  The Jewish Press used to write, "Consult
your local COMPETENT Orthodox rabbi."  I always took this to mean
that not every O rabbi is competent to answer all questions,  and I
do firmly believe that this is the case.  For example,  I have in the
past had conversations with O rabbis about kashrus, and it quickly
became clear that they only had "global" knowledge about
hashgachos,  but no detailed knowledge.  A question like "Whose meat
is used in such  and such a product?"  was met with silence.

Again,  not every O rabbi has the knowledge to answer all
questions.  How could any one man know all the nuances of the
technological world we live in?

Instead of CYLOR,  you should write CYLCOR.

YL