[Avodah] Vayechulu in Fri night Maariv

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Mon Oct 19 12:49:31 PDT 2020

On Sun, Oct 11, 2020 at 09:55:37PM -0400, Akiva Miller via Avodah wrote:
> This procedure does accomplish the stated goal, but it seems
> unnecessarily complicated to me. It would have been simpler to just add
> Vayechulu to the Amidah in such cases. Is this idea suggested by anyone? Is
> it done by anyone?

That only adds seconds to the process.

Whereas making a shortened Chazaras haShatz makes a checkpoint, so that
nearly everyone is caught up before the group starts VaYekhulu, and the
odds of anyone being left behind or others needing to wait to walk home
with them is far less.

Chodesh Tov!

Micha Berger                 You are where your thoughts are.
http://www.aishdas.org/asp           - Ramban, Igeres haQodesh, Ch. 5
Author: Widen Your Tent
- https://amzn.to/2JRxnDF