[Avodah] RSRH on Chanukah - from the JO in 1964

Prof. Levine larry62341 at optonline.net
Wed Dec 16 03:23:55 PST 2020

At 11:51 PM 12/15/2020, Moshe Y. Gluck wrote:
>I thought that olam might appreciate this
>article from RSRH on Chanukah, that the Jewish
>Observer published (in translation) in 1964. I
>thought it was great, eye-opening and thought
>provoking, and we shared it to the Agudah's
>email list today. If you'd like to read it, click here:
>
><https://files.constantcontact.com/1cf6ab87001/99d70f59-294a-4fbc-bda4-449957e91cdf.pdf>https://files.constantcontact.com/1cf6ab87001/99d70f59-294a-4fbc-bda4-449957e91cdf.pdf

(Shameless Agudah promotion - if you want to sign
up for Agudah emails, go to
<https://agudah.org/daily-updates/>https://agudah.org/daily-updates/.)Â

>MYG
>
>P.S. I cc'ed R' YL, I know he's a fan of anything from RSRH!

Thank you.

This essay is the first essay in the Collected
Writings of RSRH Volume II dealing with Kislev.
There are 5 other essays in the section dealing
with Kislev,  and they are all well worth reading.

You plugged the Agudah,  so I will plug the
Collected Writings of RSRH available from Feldheim.  See

https://www.feldheim.com/collected-writings-of-rabbi-samson-raphael-hirsch.html

Note that the entire set is available now at the
reduced price of $159.99,  a savings of $40.

I maintain that if one truly wants to understand
Judaism,  then one has to be familiar with the
writings of Rabbiner Hirsch.  IIRC, "Mr." Shraga
Feivel Mendlowitz of Torah Vodaath fame  maintained the same thing!

YL