[Avodah] What Will be with Simchas Torah?

Zev Sero zev at sero.name
Wed Sep 23 17:48:28 PDT 2020

On 23/9/20 6:37 pm, Chana Luntz via Avodah wrote:
> b) I have not seen (and don't expect to see) a distinction made between an
> avel doing hakafos with the lulav, and an avel doing hakafos on simchas
> Torah.  But if they have completely different bases, then that discussion
> would need to be had.

Last year, when I was an avel, I was told that for Hoshanos I should not
go around at all, and should lend my arba minim to someone else who
hasn't got them, and have him go around in my place. (Or at least that's
how I understood it; it may be that lending the arba minim was simply a
suggestion to do someone a chesed, since I wasn't using them.)  For
Simchas Torah I was told that I could go around with the group, but
should not hold a sefer torah while doing so; after the hakafa I could
take a sefer and dance with it.

--
Zev Sero            Wishing everyone a *healthy* and happy 5781
zev at sero.name       "May this year and its curses end