[Avodah] : Re: free public transport on Shabbos/Yomtov

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Thu Jul 2 14:38:52 PDT 2020

On Wed, Jun 17, 2020 at 08:20:35PM +0100, Chana Luntz via Avodah wrote:
> There are a fair number of shops, but there are a fair number of houses too
> (and some blocks of flats, definitely majority Jewish).  We know people who
> live in a couple of the houses right on Golders Green road...

A balebatishe comment:

It needn't be people right on the road, though. Bus lines are routed to
serve neighborhoods. Even if it were a street entirely of shops and other
commercial enterprises, a route would take into account any residential
areas that are in easy walking distance to any stops.

Which is certainly true of what I remember from Golder's Green Road.

Micha Berger                 In the days of our sages, man didn't sin unless
http://www.aishdas.org/asp   he was overcome with a spirit of foolishness.
Author: Widen Your Tent      Today, we don't do a mitzvah unless we receive
- https://amzn.to/2JRxnDF    a spirit of purity.      - Rav Yisrael Salanter