[Avodah] Just walk away

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Tue Jun 16 05:33:20 PDT 2020

On Mon, Jun 15, 2020 at 06:07:38PM -0400, Zev Sero via Avodah wrote:
> What gives you the right to deprive him of this rare mitzvah, for which
> Rabbi Akiva longed all his life, and which the Bet Yosef was promised and
> then for some reason was deprived of?

A person's priorities are my soul and his stomach.

I heard that from R Shaul Margolis z"l, the rav of the shteibl of my
youth, who was a chassidishe rebbe pre-war. (His family and most of
his chassidim did not survive; the wife and daught I knew was his 2nd
family. Sorry for this detour but the rebbetzin's qevurah was just days
ago, so they're on my mind.) Getting back to the point...

Since I first heard the idiom from a chassidishe ruv, I am pretty sure
it's exclusively a Mussarnik saying.