[Avodah] Street Minyanim

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Tue May 12 14:45:32 PDT 2020

On Tue, May 12, 2020 at 12:40:39AM +0100, Chana Luntz wrote:
> <<What I find particularly fascinating about this issue is that it seems, at
> least to me, to highlight fundamental differences between ways of
> determining halacha...

THANKS!

Have to think more about this.

I have a similar thought about the Rambam and his original intent approach
to texts and the supermajority of rishonim who feel that the most important
meaning a text can have is how those who explain it are understood by those
who explain them as per those who ...

Which in turn comes from the Aristotelian's fixation on redemption through
unity with the Truth vs the others who see halakhah in legal interpretation
terms.

If I find time to explain myself, I'll do so on list. If not, this may
be enough to jog your memory of my disagreements on the topic with R'
Zvi Lampel, baal The Dynamics of Dispute (and neighbor).

Micha Berger                 Today is the 33rd day, which is
http://www.aishdas.org/asp   4 weeks and 5 days in/toward the omer.
Author: Widen Your Tent      Hod sheb'Hod: LAG B'OMER - What is total
- https://amzn.to/2JRxnDF             submission to truth, and what results?