[Avodah] Barukh Dayan haEmez - R Joel Schur

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Mon Apr 20 11:24:34 PDT 2020

Misaskim has a depressingly long list of people taken from our qehillah
by CoVID-19, Even more depressing when I noticed how few of the victims
I know of are on it. For example, R Zisha Blum z"l is on the list,
but his son, R Matis -- the "Torah Lodaas" (and possibly the inventor
of the parashah sheet) -- was not.

R Allan Engel saw R Joel Schnur's name on it and asked me if it was
our RJS. I looked on Facebook at my efriend's page and just wept. Still
crying.

RJS passed away on Friday.

https://www.facebook.com/joel.schnur.90

Shiv'ah information was posted as an image. Since Areivim isn't publically
available I think it's okay to share it as plaintext there, but not here
on Avodah.

    With profound sorrow, we share the passing of Rabbi Joel Schnur
    Beloved father of Mordechai, Dani, and Tzvi Schnur
    and husband to Zeesy Schnur

    Zoom Shiva hours will be:
    ... [See Areivim]

May we have opportunities to share besuros tovos,

Micha Berger                 Today is the 11th day, which is
http://www.aishdas.org/asp   1 week and 4 days in/toward the omer.
Author: Widen Your Tent      Netzach sheb'Gevurah: What is imposing about
- https://amzn.to/2JRxnDF                          strict justice?