[Avodah] Interesting articles at The Lehrhaus

Sholom Simon sholom at aishdas.org
Mon Apr 13 08:09:35 PDT 2020

FYI:

--  Making Seder out of the Zoom Seder Controversy, Shlomo Zukier
https://thelehrhaus.com/timely-thoughts/making-seder-out-of-the-zoom-seder-controversy/
A nice distillation of the issues involved

--  The Hazon Ish Wasn’t Writing About Using Computers
https://thelehrhaus.com/timely-thoughts/the-hazon-ish-wasnt-writing-about-using-computers/
Explaining a common misconception about the Ch"I view that electricity is
"boneh"

-- Think Passover Guides are Getting Stricter? Think Again
https://thelehrhaus.com/timely-thoughts/think-passover-guides-are-getting-stricter-think-again/
This might be a nice companion/example piece to Tradition's special issue
devoted to 25-years-later reflections on the famous "Rupture and
Reconstruction" essay (to which he refers in the article), as well as just
a nice summary of guides and their positions over the past decades.

So, I read them, and welcome anybody's comments on them!

Moadim l'simcha,

-- Sholom