[Avodah] Kshering Metal Sinks

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Thu Apr 2 12:08:14 PDT 2020

On Mon, Mar 23, 2020 at 09:35:43PM -0400, Akiva Miller via Avodah wrote:
> The Chicago CRC has a video on hag'alat keilim at
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21HSfRG69ho&feature=youtu.be
>
> I am curious about two things he said at 6:52-6:59, about kashering a metal
> sink:
> 1) "make sure that it's a continuous flow and not to stop in the middle
> from that pot"
> 2) "start from the bottom and then you work your way up"

I don't know either, and for #2 your guess about runoff and chozer
veni'ur makes as much sense to me as anything I could guess.

But for #1, I would guess that it's because you can't kasher half a
pot. If you pause, you have to kasher 100% of the pot again.

Micha Berger                 It is a glorious thing to be indifferent to
http://www.aishdas.org/asp   suffering, but only to one's own suffering.
Author: Widen Your Tent                    -Robert Lynd, writer (1879-1949)
- https://amzn.to/2JRxnDF