[Avodah] R' Osher Katz -- Osher Eliyahu ben Shayna

Toby Katz t613k at mail.aol.com
Tue Dec 3 09:31:18 PST 2019

Dear Friends and Family,

I would not normally send out something so personal but my brother-in-law,
R' Osher Katz, was diagnosed with cancer three months ago -- Stage 4 --
and he has not yet begun treatment, because, for complicated reasons,
he has no insurance and very low income. There is treatment that offers
hope of a complete remission but it is unbelievably expensive. We have
tried reaching out to many Jewish and secular organizations, so far
with little result. My daughter Naomi has created this campaign with The
Chesed Fund to raise funds for him to begin treatment. This is literally
a matter of pikuach nefesh.

Scholarly Rabbi Can't Afford Cancer Treatment | The Chesed Fund
<https://thechesedfund.com/uncleosher/uncleosher>

PS Many people give anonymously because it's a public site and they don't
want their name up there, so I don't know who gives and who doesn't. If
you can't afford to give don't worry, don't feel pressured but say a
kapitel please for a refuah sheleimah for Osher Eliyahu ben Shayna.

--Toby Katz
t613k at aol.com