[Avodah] Gender Inequality in Jewish Weddings

Eli Turkel eliturkel at mail.gmail.com
Tue Jul 16 04:19:39 PDT 2019

>> Beautiful article about how the roles of the kallah and chasan are not
>> balanced.
>> https://blogs.timesofisrael.com/lord-or-lady-of-the-rings-should-an-orthodox-chuppah-be-more-gender-balanced/

> But I have a related question: does anyone know the first Jewish source
> which claims like this blogger that women have more "natural spirituality"
> than men, and links this idea to "she`asani kirtzono"? RSRH is often quoted
> in this context, is there anybody earlier?

ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Rabbanit Batya Friedman is the senior rebbetzin of Hamsptead Suburb Garden
Synagogue in London, UK. She was born and raised in Brooklyn, NY. She
received her Bachelor of Science in Mathematics from Brooklyn College and
her MBA from the University of Alberta. She previously served the community
in Edmonton, AB Canada.

Anyone know what the title "senior rebbetzin" means in this shul in London?
--
Eli Turkel