[Avodah] Sclissel Chalah?

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Thu May 2 11:26:41 PDT 2019

On Thu, May 02, 2019 at 05:51:24PM +0000, Professor L. Levine via Avodah wrote:
: Please listen to the shiur at
: https://www.yutorah.org/sidebar/lecture.cfm/923586

Rabbi Aaron Selevan's point is what I've said in countless iterations.
The problem with segulos like shlissel challah is not inherent in the
practice, but with the person's understanding of segulah. Otherwise,
we could argue that Rosh haShanah's simanei milsa were problematic.

Although he had a far richer list of possible origins for the custom
than we've accumulated over the years.

micha at aishdas.org        1 week and 5 days in/toward the omer.
http://www.aishdas.org   Hod sheb'Gevurah: What aspect of judgment
Fax: (270) 514-1507                  forces the "judge" into submission?