[Avodah] Brisker psak redux

Rich, Joel JRich at sibson.com
Tue May 7 18:14:46 PDT 2019

I spoke to a young (to me) Talmid Chacham about what seems to me to be a disconnect between Brisker lomdus and reticence for psak. He articulated two theories: 1.) R’Chaim, as an individual, was a yarei horaah (in awe of psak?) and for whatever reason this tradition continued. 2.) Per R’Dr. Chaim Soloveitchik—R’Chaim felt that since his methodology was new, psak should continue in the “traditional manner” that amcha was used to/had accepted
My thought—if we accept #2, should it follow the “traditional” phase in over time and be part of psak (think about cantorial music).
Your thoughts?
Kt
Joel richTHIS MESSAGE IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE USE OF THE
ADDRESSEE.  IT MAY CONTAIN PRIVILEGED OR CONFIDENTIAL
INFORMATION THAT IS EXEMPT FROM DISCLOSURE.  Dissemination,
distribution or copying of this message by anyone other than the addressee is
strictly prohibited.  If you received this message in error, please notify us
immediately by replying: "Received in error" and delete the message.
Thank you.