[Avodah] Paying your workers on time using electronic payments

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Mon Jun 24 11:03:41 PDT 2019

On Mon, Jun 24, 2019 at 08:44:51PM +0300, Marty Bluke wrote:
:> So I would think that if your vender has a card reader, there is
:> no problem paying by card.

: I thought I made that clear.  You definitely don’t violate the lav. The
: question  im asking is how can you be mekayem the aseh.

This asei is a chiyuv, not a mitzvah qiyumis. You can't just skip out
on fulfilling the asei.

Which is why it's hard to believe that all that discussion is of which
cases are oveir "only" the asei. Even if the mention only mentions bal
talin. How could it write "if you do X, or Y, or Z, or... you aren't
over bal talin" without not mentioning in in any of those se'ifim that
you're still not allowed to do any of these things anyway?

Micha Berger                 You want to know how to paint a perfect
http://www.aishdas.org/asp   painting?  It's easy.
Author: Widen Your Tent      Make yourself perfect and then just paint
- https://amzn.to/2JRxnDF    naturally.              -Robert Pirsig