[Avodah] time/space continuum

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Fri Jun 14 08:04:08 PDT 2019

On Wed, Jun 12, 2019 at 09:15:16AM +0000, Rich, Joel via Avodah wrote:
: Take a look at S"A O"C 441 (1 & 2) where there's a loan/surety situation
: over Pesach between a ben brit and non ben brit where the whole space/time
: continuum thing is in play (the agreement is the surety belongs to the
: lender as of the date of the loan [prior to Pesach] if, and only if, the
: repayment is not made on the due date [during or after Pesach]). While
: the S"A seems straightforward (me - compare to the quantum physics/double
: slit once there is an observer) the M"B quotes a number of commentaries
: who seem unsure. ...

Since this is before measurement, I think this is less like quantum
uncertainty and more a simple case of yeish bereiera vs ein bereira.

:-)BBii!