[Avodah] time/space continuum

Rich, Joel JRich at sibson.com
Wed Jun 12 02:15:16 PDT 2019

Take a look at S"A O"C 441 (1 & 2) where there's a loan/surety situation over Pesach between a ben brit and non ben brit where the whole space/time continuum thing is in play (the agreement is the surety belongs to the lender as of the date of the loan [prior to Pesach] if, and only if, the repayment is not made on the due date [during or after Pesach]). While the S"A seems straightforward (me - compare to the quantum physics/double slit once there is an observer) the M"B quotes a number of commentaries who seem unsure. Perhaps Chametz/Pesach is different but it seems an undetermined state is a challenge halachically (me - are bein hashmasot and koy chiddushim or paradigms?)
KT
Joel Rich

THIS MESSAGE IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE USE OF THE
ADDRESSEE.  IT MAY CONTAIN PRIVILEGED OR CONFIDENTIAL
INFORMATION THAT IS EXEMPT FROM DISCLOSURE.  Dissemination,
distribution or copying of this message by anyone other than the addressee is
strictly prohibited.  If you received this message in error, please notify us
immediately by replying: "Received in error" and delete the message.
Thank you.