[Avodah] Handicapped Accessibility in Jerusalem

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Thu Oct 11 12:14:54 PDT 2018

On Thu, Oct 04, 2018 at 11:13:44PM -0400, Akiva Miller via Avodah wrote:
: Orach Chayim 150:2 (it seems to me) teaches the halacha that - all else
: being equal - the town's shul should be built at the highest point in town.
: I can certainly see the kavod and prestige that would result from such a
: location, but wouldn't this also make it difficult for the weak and
: elderly? I can't imagine that this halacha was speaking only to communities
: of young folks.

RJR suggests that the advantage to the tzibbur would indeed trump the
disadvantage for the individual.  On Fri, Oct 05, 2018 at 1:14pm UCT,