[Avodah] Eating on Yom Kippur

M Cohen mcohen at touchlogic.com
Sun Sep 16 07:56:33 PDT 2018

Bottom line question: Is it really the case that someone is only a choleh in
halacha when their doctor says so?

I once had this question about a choleh who felt some pain, and the doctors
opinion was that it was minor and c be ignored.
The patient wanted hospital care and transport etc on Shabbos.

R Shlomo miller mentioned to me the klal that 'a choleh knows maras nafsho',
and therefore the cholehs opinion should be followed even if it requires
chillul Shabbos etc.

However, I am unsure if this ruling w apply to your case, where the illness
is solely a psychiatric/psychological fear, with no physical symptoms

GCT,
Mordechai Cohen

=======
http://free.pctools.com/