[Avodah] When your Korban Pesach is a Tereifah

Zev Sero zev at sero.name
Fri Jul 27 07:13:06 PDT 2018

On 27/07/18 08:26, Micha Berger via Avodah wrote:
> R' Shlomo Katz <shlomo.katz at gmail.com> (CCed-) asked on Facebook:
>> What happens if you are cutting up your korban pesach and you discover
>> it's treif?
>
> I was taken by the question because
> (1) it must have happaned all the time, and yet
> (2) I haven't heard it discussed.

Not discussed?  It's explicitly stated right at the very end of Seder
Korban Pesach: "And if it is found to be terefa it does not count for
him until he brings another one."   (I haven't got my siddur collection
handy to check whether Seder Korban Pesach is specific to "Nusach
Sfard", or is also said by Nuschaot Ashkenaz, and/or Sefarad, and/or
Italia.)

--
Zev Sero            A prosperous and healthy 2018 to all
zev at sero.name       Seek Jerusalem's peace; may all who love you prosper