[Avodah] Does the mitzvah of V'kidashto (honoring a Kohen) also apply to daughters of Kohanim or the wives of Kohanim?

Prof. Levine larry62341 at optonline.net
Fri Jun 8 12:15:09 PDT 2018

At 02:52 PM 6/8/2018, Micha Berger wrote:
>On Fri, Jun 08, 2018 at 12:19:36PM -0400, Prof. Levine quoted today's
>OU Kosher Halacha Yomis:
>: A. It is clear from all the sources that the mitzvah of V'kidashto
>: applies only to male Kohanim (Sefer Kedushas HaKohanim K'Hilchaso
>: 2:1). The Torah states that one should sanctify the Kohen since he
>: offers the Korbanos (sacrifices) in the Beis Hamikdash...
>
>Interesting. It would seem to imply that qedushas hakohein is tied to
>role, and not anything inherent about the souls of kohanim.

If so, is one to deduce that a Kohein who has a physical disability
that disqualifies him from serving in the Bais Ha Mikdash is not to
be "honored" like all other Kohanim?   I recall that there was a
Kohein when I lived in Elizabeth who had a deformed hand. However, I
think that he still got the first aliya.  However, I do not think
that he duchened.  He left the shul right before duchening.

YL