[Avodah] Benefits of Davening K'Vosikin

Prof. Levine larry62341 at optonline.net
Wed May 23 12:42:02 PDT 2018

At 01:12 PM 5/23/2018, Micha Berger wrote:
>The words are "KEvasiqin", as a person needn't be vasiq to participate,
>and haneitz, with a qamatz under the hei, hif'il -- causing to twinkle.

I use the terminology K'Vosikin,  but Hakhel used Vasikin so I left it.

I have often quipped that the only people who know Dikduk are
maskilim! >:-} (Note the wicked grin.)

Regrading segulos,  I found the following of interest.

 From a footnote to letter 15 of the 19 Letters of RSRH

"Segulah" denotes a property belonging permanently to an owner, to
which no one else has any right or claim (cf. Bava Kamma 87b).

YL