[Avodah] Making a bracha on Niagara Falls

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Tue May 22 06:12:09 PDT 2018

On Tue, May 22, 2018 at 06:52:26AM -0400, Prof. Levine via Avodah wrote:
: If one is to make a bracha on seeing Niagara Falls then clearly
: going there and seeing the falls is not nothing.

But it could still not be worth the learning missed.

There is something counterintuitive here, as there are numerous examples
of R' Avigdor Miller calling on his audience to utilize their wonder at
the amazingness of the beri'ah as a tool to building emunah and bitachon.
And yet Niagra Falls... This is why I am guessing that he meant more
"nothing compared to the cost", and not zero in an absolute sense.

Micha Berger             We are what we repeatedly do.
micha at aishdas.org        Thus excellence is not an event,
http://www.aishdas.org   but a habit.
Fax: (270) 514-1507                   - Aristotle