[Avodah] The Vilna Gaon and Secular Studies

Joseph Kaplan jkaplan at tenzerlunin.com
Thu Apr 19 18:08:35 PDT 2018

“When R "Mr" Schraga Feivel Mendelovitch had limudei chol instituted
in Torah vaDaas, do you think the "vaDaas" was his idea of lekhat-chilah?”

One thing I learned in my years as an attorney is that a rhetorical question is not an argument. I, of course, do not know what Mr. Mendelovitch thought. What I do know is that in the 40s TV was very proud of the secular academics and business successes of its graduates and the fact that they were role models for those who wanted to continue to be observant in a work environment.
Joseph
Sent from my iPhone