[Avodah] deprive the minyan of the opportunity to say tachanun

Rich, Joel JRich at sibson.com
Thu Mar 15 12:35:15 PDT 2018

 few months ago I was in the main shul in a yishuv. The shul was quite
large. There was a psak there by the shul rav stating in a small
community shul, where everyone knows everyone, it makes complete sense
that if there is a chatan, then one doesn't say tachanun. However, in
this shul, in which strangers pray there every day and even not all the
members know everyone, the presence of a chatan doesn't really add to
their simcha. That being the case, visitors to the shul should say
tachanun, even if the congregation doesn't.
=================================
interesting-I'd love to know the source-seems unusual to split the minyan (I can think of only one example- a sandek at mincha after morning brit)
KT
Joel Rich
THIS MESSAGE IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE USE OF THE
ADDRESSEE.  IT MAY CONTAIN PRIVILEGED OR CONFIDENTIAL
INFORMATION THAT IS EXEMPT FROM DISCLOSURE.  Dissemination,
distribution or copying of this message by anyone other than the addressee is
strictly prohibited.  If you received this message in error, please notify us
immediately by replying: "Received in error" and delete the message.
Thank you.