[Avodah] hagba

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Thu Mar 15 09:57:41 PDT 2018

On Fri, Mar 09, 2018 at 05:39:22PM +0000, Rich, Joel via Avodah wrote:
: On a related note, Does anyone else feel some folks focus on the length
: of the tekiah gedolah takes away from the mitzvah?

I thought the whole point of having a makri is to dump the job of making
sure the maaseh mitzvah is fulfilled on one person, so that everyone else
is freed up to be moved by the shofar. Otherwise, why would we need to
appoint someone to keep the toqeia' in sequence? If he messes up, anyone
from the minyan can "Nu! Shevarim!"

So, if timing the teqi'os against the (eg) shevarim-teru'ah between them
is something the minyan is maqpid about, shouldn't that timing be dumped
on the maqri as well?

Micha Berger             The goal isn't to live forever,
micha at aishdas.org        the goal is to create so mething that will.
http://www.aishdas.org
Fax: (270) 514-1507