[Avodah] hagba

Rich, Joel JRich at sibson.com
Fri Mar 9 09:39:22 PST 2018

when I was learning hilchot hagbaat hatora with my chavrusa (O"C 134 - mb8)  he discusses how many columns to open the torah.  kach mkublani mbeit avi abba-even if you're 6'5" with a large wingspan, only do a 3-column hagbah (it's not a contest and it's not about you!  Others argue that it is a hiddur.  My take is it depends on where and when-what do the others around you think as well as what are your motivations?

On a related note, Does anyone else feel some folks focus on the length of the tekiah gedolah takes away from the mitzvah?

KT
Joel Rich

THIS MESSAGE IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE USE OF THE
ADDRESSEE.  IT MAY CONTAIN PRIVILEGED OR CONFIDENTIAL
INFORMATION THAT IS EXEMPT FROM DISCLOSURE.  Dissemination,
distribution or copying of this message by anyone other than the addressee is
strictly prohibited.  If you received this message in error, please notify us
immediately by replying: "Received in error" and delete the message.
Thank you.