[Avodah] Mabul and Dinosaurs from R Shlomo Miller shlitah

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Wed Feb 21 08:27:17 PST 2018

On Tue, Feb 06, 2018 at 10:08:12AM -0500, M Cohen via Avodah wrote:
: Rabbi A. Bartfeld as revised by Horav Shlomo Miller Shlita
: Posted 2/5/2018 12:23 PM
: <http://www.frumtoronto.com/Blogger.asp?BlogCategoryID=98&ShowEntryID=17156>
:> Q. My son asked me how the animals which appear to be indigenous to
:> Australia only (for example), arrived there after the flood? Were they
:> there before the flood? Were they destroyed by the flood? Were there
:> kangaroos on the tayva?

As part of his description of the Dor haHaflagah, R SR Hirsch explains
the need for a diversity of host countries with their own climate flora
and fauna to get multiple perspectives. Leshitaso, people dind't scatter
because they couldn't cross-communicate. Hashem scattered the people,
which gave them contexts in which their languages diverged.

So, no surprise that various animals or plants would be local to a given
region, even if the flood did include lands that had no human settlement
yet.

Micha Berger             "The worst thing that can happen to a
micha at aishdas.org        person is to remain asleep and untamed."
http://www.aishdas.org          - Rabbi Simcha Zissel Ziv, Alter of Kelm
Fax: (270) 514-1507