[Avodah] Aneinu

Ben Waxman ben1456 at zahav.net.il
Fri Feb 2 05:59:18 PST 2018

The rabbinate this week ruled that because of last week's rains the
shaliach tzibbur should no longer say Aneinu in his repetition.

I am having trouble understanding the decision. The country has a
massive rain deficit. We could have a wet year and we would still be in
the red so to speak. From a machshava POV (and that is why I am asking
about it in Avodah) what difference does a couple of days of rain make
in terms of Aneinu? Does continuing to say Aneinu mean that we are
ungrateful for the rain?

Ben