[Avodah] Rav Breuer' Position on Chalav Yisroel

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Wed Jan 24 08:55:54 PST 2018

On Wed, Jan 24, 2018 at 02:57:54PM +0000, Ben Bradley wrote:
:        . Because then it wouldn't be a technical kula requring snifim
: k'hakeil, classic she'as hadechak etc, it would just be a more meikel
: opinion which could be held with in minimally non-ideal circumstances.

As in, I don't have any milk for my trip?

RYB's position is far short of requiring a she'as hadechaq. It is closer
to "try your hardest to have CY when available."

For that matter, I am wondering what a she'as hadechaq would be for
this case. If there is powdered milk, one could rely on R ZP Frank's
far narrower pesaq lehatir. For that matter, vegans get their calcium
without milk. Even a necessity like coffee could be consumed with soy
or almond milk....

Micha Berger             You are not a human being in search
micha at aishdas.org        of a spiritual experience. You are a
http://www.aishdas.org   spiritual being immersed in a human
Fax: (270) 514-1507      experience. - Pierre Teilhard de Chardin