[Avodah] Chalav Yisrael: Required or Recommended?

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Mon Jan 22 06:40:07 PST 2018

On Mon, Jan 22, 2018 at 05:36:37AM -0500, Prof. Levine wrote:
: What is your basis for asserting that Rav Breur ruled that Chalav
: Stam was permissible?

Evidence is, R' Breuer (RMB) was in the "good chumerah" camp when it
came to chalav yisrael (CY).

While RMB made CY available in Manhattan, KAJ never was maqpid on CY as
a general norm. I was told by a number of products of KAJ, people who
are now yeshivish and maqpidim on CY themselves (which is why they're
living in Passaic), that this reflects R Breuer's own position.

Micha Berger             We look forward to the time
micha at aishdas.org        when the power to love
http://www.aishdas.org   will replace the love of power.
Fax: (270) 514-1507                - William Ewart Gladstone