[Avodah] New Cancer Treatment

Zev Sero zev at sero.name
Sun Dec 17 12:20:24 PST 2017

On 17/12/17 14:53, Micha Berger wrote:
> There is a machloqes Chakhamim and R' Aqiva as to whether only issurei
> kareis (except niddah) create mamzeirim, or any issur. And yet the
> Satmar Rav holds that IE-D creates mamzeirim. And one could equally
> argue there is no act of zenus.
>
> So, I parked my intuition at the door when trying to understand his
> shitah.

as I understand the machlokes, it's precisely over whether an act of
zenus is necessary to create a mamzer.  The SR (aiui) holds it is not,
therefore although no issur was done with IED the child is nevertheless
a mamzer.  Here too, the SR would presumably hold that although there's
no act of zenus, and therefore the treatment is permitted, should any
child result it would be a mamzer.

But I haven't seen the SR's shitah inside, so I'm relying on 3rd-hand
transmission which may have garbled important points.

--
Zev Sero                May 2017, with its *nine* days of Chanukah,
zev at sero.name           be a brilliant year for us all