[Avodah] New Cancer Treatment

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Sun Dec 17 11:53:27 PST 2017

On Sun, Dec 17, 2017 at 09:20:59AM -0500, Zev Sero via Avodah wrote:
: On 17/12/17 08:51, Micha Berger via Avodah wrote:
:>BUT... according to the machmirim (eg the Satmar Rav), would an eishes
:>kohein who recieved this treatment have to get divorced?

: I wouldn't think so.  There's still no act of zenus.

There is a machloqes Chakhamim and R' Aqiva as to whether only issurei
kareis (except niddah) create mamzeirim, or any issur. And yet the
Satmar Rav holds that IE-D creates mamzeirim. And one could equally
argue there is no act of zenus.

So, I parked my intuition at the door when trying to understand his
shitah.

Micha Berger             The thought of happiness that comes from outside
micha at aishdas.org        the person, brings him sadness. But realizing
http://www.aishdas.org   the value of one's will and the freedom brought
Fax: (270) 514-1507      by uplifting its, brings great joy. - R' Kook