[Avodah] Torah precheit

Arie Folger afolger at aishdas.org
Tue Nov 21 01:28:58 PST 2017

A little postscript to my statement, that regarding aliens we might one day
meet, that we cold not accept any competing revelation, only one that is of
a kind of Noachide revelation, subordinate to ours, well...

Let me admit that in stating that, I was displaying a human bias: I
unreasonably assumed that aliens would be a kind of otherworldly humans.
However, insofar as they are radically different species (which would be
likely), then I see no problem of them having their own revelation and
their own 'am hanivchar, *as* *long* *as* *their* *revelation* *doesn't*
*contradict* *ours*, i.e. we could not accept a revelation that claims that
'avoda zara is muttar, that murder is muttar or that assumes the existence
of several deities.

--
Arie Folger