[Avodah] Torah precheit

Micha Berger micha at aishdas.org
Tue Nov 14 10:48:32 PST 2017

On Mon, Nov 13, 2017 at 01:05:02PM +0100, Arie Folger via Avodah wrote:
: Bottom line, there very well may exist intelligent aliens out there, but we
: are near 100% sure that we will never ever be able to meet them.

Nice chiluq!

: Which leads me to the following observation: If there are aliens out there
: which we will one day meet, then we could not accept their *competing*
: Revelation. There is only one 'am hanivchar...

Who said that "nivchar mibein ha'amim" means anything beyond benei Adam,
amim as caused by Migdal Bavel?

Perhaps their revelation isn't so much competing as the RBSO providing
them a chance at redemption before Yom Hashem haGadol vehanora, or at
least before whenever it is we get there?

: them as a special kind of Noachides with a possible true revelation that
: is, however, subordinate to ours and can never contradict it.

This is itself the question I was trying to keep under discussion. Could
we even recognize a contradiction? After all, the appearance of Retzon
haBorei to creatures very different than us isn't likely to have many
points where we can contradict.

Assuming they are ethical monotheists, that is.

Micha Berger             It's never too late
micha at aishdas.org        to become the person
http://www.aishdas.org   you might have been.
Fax: (270) 514-1507                      - George Eliot