[Avodah] Naming Right?

Rich, Joel via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Mon Sep 25 11:30:20 PDT 2017

> Rama Y"D 249:13 (my free translation) - In any event one shouldn't
> glorify oneself with the charity he gives, not only won't he receive
> reward but he is even punished and in any event one who dedicates an
> item to charity is permitted to write his name on it to be a memorial
> for (to?) him and it is worthy to do so (Taz - so the community cannot
> switch its use).

Where's the contradiction?   People shouldn't brag about their
donations; who does?   But it's totally OK to put ones name on the item
donated; so plaques and building names are fine.  It's also completely
proper, of course, for a mosad to honor a donor -- yehalelcha zar velo
ficha.

--
I leave it to the readers to project if people put a name on as a form of bragging (separate question - is it intent or what observer's perceive that counts?)
It is permitted but is it the  preference of HKB"H especially if the item is not in danger of being switched in use?