[Avodah] Solar Eclipses and Maaseh Bereshis

Sholom Simon via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Tue Aug 22 07:16:50 PDT 2017

I heard a very interesting shiur at yutorah.

Everything below was mentioned, plus one other thing: a great
explanation of a gemara (or another Chazal) that says something like:

"X" comes into the world (X might have been eclipses, or, if not,
something related in some way) with four reasons:
- not appropriately euglogizing an av beis din
- (I can't remember)
- homosexuality
- the death of two brothers at once (or in battle)

(He started the connection my explaining the ma'aseh of the moon's
complaint against H' at creation . . . )

Here's the problem with my post:
- I got to it via the "featured shiruim" on my YUTorah phone app --
and it's not there now.  I went to the desktop site, and I can't seem
to find it
- I don't remember who it was (except that the rav who gave it over
had a middle or eastern European accent)

(My excuse: I went to western South Carolina to see the eclipse.  The
8 hour drive home turned into almost 13 hours because of traffic, and
I drove alone.  I heard a lot of shiurim and my mind is pretty fuzzy . . . )

FWIW,

-- Sholom