[Avodah] Tisha b'Av

Micha Berger via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Wed Aug 2 18:25:13 PDT 2017

On Tue, Aug 01, 2017 at 05:34:56PM -0400, Michael Feldstein via Avodah wrote:
:> I am not sure how much he understands about Tisha B'Av,
:> but he does understand how people respond to him and I didn't want to risk
:> hurting his feelings.

: I applaud your actions, Ilana. And if this is you worst sin (assuming it
: even is one), I think you are doing OK!

I am wondering whether cheerfully (rather than pro-forma, yotzei-zain,
replying so as not to offend) greeting someone in this situation despite
9 beAv is an instance of huterah or dekhuyah. (Thus overanalyzing your
parenthetic remark.)